Friends, Romans, country folk—I have received my second blogging award from Lydia and Anastasia who share the Cupcakes and Popcorn blog (thanks, ladies). Though I still think the chain letter-like setup is a bit odd, I figure I could use the extra traffic and followers that might result from playing along (follow me!).
The rules of the One Lovely Blog Award:
- You must thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog (this totally ruins my plan of not linking to their blog and, instead, just saying bad things about them behind their backs).
- You must list the rules and display the award (there are two apparent logos/images for the award, which I found unnecessarily confusing, so I put them together as one .jpeg file).
- You must add 7 facts about yourself (I will consider being truthful).
- You must nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on one of their posts to let them know they’ve been nominated (yes, more victims—15 seems like a bit much, though).
- You must display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you (how long do I have to follow them for?).
Seven supposed facts about A.D. Martin:
1. I am awesome.
2. If you take away my veil of awesomeness, you will only find more awesomeness underneath.
3. The bit above was inspired by Barney Stinson of How I Met Your Mother, but also inspired by my innate awesomeness.
4. I am about to start watching Once Upon a Time because another blogger (Ursula) suggested that I give it a try.
5. I think the Guardians of the Galaxy film is great and that it does very well bouncing back and forth between pathos and humor.
Six. I just spelled the number six phonetically to be annoying and to have an excuse not to provide any real information about myself.
7. I may or may not continue to participate in these types of awards in the future. Eh, I probably will.
Victims cursed with purportedly lovely blogs (or who made the mistake of commenting on my posts):
1. Lizzie Arias who provides advice to men who suck at dating so they can stop sucking.
2. Silvia Villalobos, a writer who, I just noticed, got this award recently. Oh well.
3. This guy who loves music (maybe a little too much…).
4. Carrie Rubin, author of the medical thriller, The Seneca Scourge.
5. Kristen Pham, a YA fantasy author whose kids will be disappointed to learn that they are Muggles.
6. Michelle “Long-last-name” Iannantuono, a “creative.”
7. Littleonion, a blogger with many layers.
8. Intergalacticbattlegirl, a misanthrope who claims to be a Bruin but is more likely a Trojan in bear’s clothing.
9. Inhannover, a self-proclaimed “rude German” who, due to his or her quality for rudeness, will likely not acknowledge this award.
10. Krystal who believes that the air is telling her stories that aren’t true.
11. Kay-Leigh Bain, an Ed Sheeran fan who likes the color cream.
12. Snowbird of Paradise, a Canadian.
13. Jenny, the owner and wearer of prescription lenses.
14. The parasite guy, a better astrophysicist than @jimmyfallon.
15. Brittany Zelkovich, a packer of great skill and merit (HIMYM reference aside, she is a writer).